Eligibility and Requirements
Eligibility: Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 33 years or under on the date of the candidate’s audition. Candidates must be ready to launch their professional careers.
- Candidates should prepare four contrasting selections of their own choice.
- Required: at least one aria from an Oratorio, Cantata, Mass, or Passion, from any period.
- Required: one art song from any period.
- A variety of languages is expected.
- The jury will choose from the list. All selections may not be requested.
- An accomplished accompanist will be provided.
- Candidates must bring a copy of their music, in a binder for the accompanist.
- Selections outside the standard canon should be e-mailed in advance.
- NB: Candidates may bring their own pianist but should indicate this on the application form.
Submission deadline: Monday, May 7th, 2018.
Applying Online (preferred):
Applying by Mail:
- Complete your application form Online.
- Email your bio with thumbnail head shot , proof of age and citizen to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your fee payment Online (Credit Card, Debit or PayPal).
- Mail your completed hard copy application form.
- Include your bio with head shot, citizenship status and proof of age.
- Include your registration fee cheque payable to Ottawa Choral Society to:
Ottawa Choral Society noted “Registration Fee”
Attention Maggie McCoy, Registrar, New Discoveries Auditions
P.O. Box 14017 RPO Glebe
Ottawa ON K1S 3T2
Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than Monday, May 7th, 2018.
- All fees and supporting documents must be received before the candidate will be assigned an audition appointment.
- Bios/CVs with thumbnail headshot, must have the candidate’s name in the file title.
- Supporting documents must be sent at the time the application is posted online or by mail.
- Showcase Recital: Winners are expected to perform at the Laureates’ Showcase Recital to be held at a mutually convenient time in the spring of 2019. Travel and accommodation expenses will be provided.